Turns out that, despite my best efforts, I just can't avoid being tagged. Lisa, over at Juxtaposition Design tagged Erin OR me last week, which I, ahem, casually passed off to Erin then Nerf, of Nerdy Fashionista called me out and is forcing me to fess up. Seeing as how I have far more birds than I do stones, I'm gonna toss my Tag in a little sack then shake and bake it with this design post. So, without further ado, what you've all been waiting for: 7 things about me: a design story:
1. I did not get to do my exciting and famous weekend bonus OR my Monday post (thank you for picking up my slack, Erin) because the love of my life, Laser went missing for 3 days (she came back this morning!). I have a husband and 3 pets and am not embarrassed to say that Laser advances to the top of the pack. Hands down, no shame. Despite my deep love for la kitty cat, I really do not like pet beds that look like mini people furniture:
Do I know where you can buy this? No.
And I think this:
is highway robbery. If you catch yourself considering a $320 cardboard bed for kitty to sleep / scratch away at, please contact us at email@example.com, please insert: DONATING LARGE AMOUNTS OF DISPOSABLE INCOME TO THE HARDEST WORKING UNPAID LADIES ON THE INTERNET in the subject line.
2. Over the past several years I have torn out hundreds of shelter magazine pages, amassed roughly a gazillion interior design bookmarks, and subscribed to several dozen design blog feeds, but no room has managed to stick in my mind quite like this one from Elle Decor UK a couple of years ago:
I don't even really like that wallpaper, I actually never have. But I LOVE the simplicity of the furniture layout, I love the black and white pattern and the black doors paired with the big, colorful marimekko sheet. While I won't have this print on my bedroom wall, this photo is the #1 inspiration for my own room.
3. I have never made a mood board. I actually typed "I will never make a mood board" but maybe that's wrong of me. Perhaps I should be mooding it up. I think it seems a little Candice Olsen-ey, what do you guys think?
4. I can not drink coffee (love it but it hates me) instead I drink Chai, my Chai of choice: (sorry) Iced Venti Non Fat 8-Pump Chai from starbucks, they finally trained me to say it all right, despite my years of protest. If I had my way, I would drink my chai from this cup:
Re-Cyclos from Lladro
I would also like to have (any) drink poured from this pitcher:
Would that be weird? Iced Chia from this thing? Whateves, it's pretty, you can get it here: Cibone
5. I am pretty sure I will never get sick of this wallpaper:
I don't care how many times you homies have seen it. I've been craving it for 2 years and it's going in my office, yo. PS, in case you just stepped out from under some crazy rock, you can get it here (save me some!): FERM
6. As much as I want to save the earth and all, I don't normally like recycled (as in repurposed - not as in craigslist... I LOVE YOU CRAIGSLIST) decor, but lately I've been thinking about ripping off this recycled eyeglass chandelier:
What, are you mad that I said I was going to rip it off? I thought I had immunity for this Tag thing. Besides, I don't think you should rip it off, I think you should buy it from stuart haygarth
And finally, #7: I married the perfect man for me:
And just to keep this design related: no that ugly kitchen is not mine and yes that is our personal K&M logo screen printed on his t-shirt that we designed / printed one weekend when we were bored. See, design.
So, that's that. la design tag c'est complete. Who am I tagging? I guess I'll follow Camilla's lead and say... You! You dear readers, give us 7 things about you, no need to make them design related... tell us anything your little heart desires. Just toss 'em in the comments, it makes us feel good (that's #8)